Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Specialty Post #2- Our Song and Image....((AMY WINEHOUSE in the HOUSE))






They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no' Yes I've been bad but when I come back you'll know know know I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go I'd rather be at home with ray I ain't got seventy days Cuz there's nothing There's nothing you can teach me That I can't learn from mr hathaway I didn't get a lot in class But I know it don't come in a shot glass They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no' Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know I ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fine He's tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go The man said 'why do you think you here' I said 'I got no idea' 'I'm gonna, I'm gonna lose my baby So I always keep a bottle near' He said 'I just think your depressed, This me "Yeah, baby, and the rest" They tried to make me go to rehab but I said 'no, no, no' Yes I've been black but when I come back you'll know know know... I don't never wanna drink again I just ooooh I just need a friend I'm not gonna spend ten weeks Have everyone think I'm on the mend It's not just my pride It's just til these tears have dried They tried to make me go to rehab, but I said 'no no no'Yes I've been black, but when I come back you'll know know knowI ain't got the time and if my daddy thinks I'm fineThey tried to make me go to rehab but I won't go go go



Above are the lyrics of Amy Winehouses' song "Rehab". The song is basically about her and not wanting to attend rehab because basically she's going to lose her baby. It talks of depression and drug use, but in the midst of her realization she still does not want to attend rehab. This song was the first song that came to mind when the assignment was explained in class because she is singing about her personal depressions and whats making her want to sing this song and share it to the world. The song also has a slow and mello tone with a hint of blues and jazz to it. I think that since blues music was used to exert frustration, sadness and depression, thats what Amy Winehouse did in this song also.


The image I chose was of the Promises Celebrity Rehab center in Malibu. I found this picture under google and the reason I chose it because when I think of rehab, I usually think of a gloomy, dark place. The Promises Center is very clean and happy looking. It makes one think hmm " why wouldn't Amy want to go there?" I think that inevitably people who say no to rehab are usually in fear of what they see in the media, but this center seems a little more inviting and I think with the song and image together a different story can be told.


BRAINSTORM:

NEW IDEAS:


  • Maybe if Amy would have examined this center more closely she would have chosen it.

  • Since I read her biography, I think it would have been nice for Amy to escape to some sunshine and happiness.

So far that is all I can really think of!!

No comments: